Data virtualization is a modern data integration and data management strategy that offers many advantages over traditional strategies. Because it uses a logical approach, rather than the traditional, physical-replication approach, it enables a logical data fabric that can integrate data from disparate sources in real time. In contrast, extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes physically replicate data from disparate sources into a new repository, in scheduled batches.
As such, data virtualization and logical data fabric enable tangible benefits in terms of time-to-value, time-to-insight, return on investment (ROI), and cost savings. But what does this mean in terms of actual numbers?
Join Michele Goetz, VP and Principal Analyst at Forrester, as she shares real-world results gained from companies in life science, financial services, manufacturing, and real estate, over a three-year period.
In this session, you will learn:
- How companies are leveraging data virtualization and logical data fabric to modernize data management
- How companies are leveraging data virtualization and logical data fabric to monetize data
- What type of actual ROI companies are gaining
- How much in expenditures are companies actually saving
- How soon after implementation are companies seeing these benefits