In recent years there has been much discussion around logical approaches to data architecture, like data virtualization, rather than physical approaches to data architecture, like extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes. But ultimately, the logical/physical discussion is not an either/or proposition, and many companies employ both approaches simultaneously.
In this Keynote discussion, Ravi Shankar, Senior VP and CMO at Denodo, interviews four panelists, Alberto Pan, EVP and CTO at Denodo; Michele Goetz, VP, Principal Analyst at Forrester; Terry Dorsey, Enterprise Information Architect at McCormick; and Matthew Brooks, Managing Director at Accenture, to get their perspectives on how best to integrate these two very different approaches.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to imagine logical and physical data architecture as “layers”
- The benefits of logical approaches to data architecture
- Novel use cases for logical data fabric
- The applications of logical approaches for data products and data mesh architectures
- The importance of multiplying your options when it comes to data architecture