Data governance, a core foundation for data security and privacy, is difficult to maintain, much less achieve, when data is stored across numerous heterogeneous data sources that are also housed in different countries. However, data governance is not just nice to have, it is a critical capacity that will make or break an organization.
In this panel discussion, Robin Tandon, Director of Product Marketing at Denodo, interviews a Denodo customer, Jan Swanepoel, Multi-Product Technical Specialist for Enterprise Data Services at Nedbank; a Denodo partner, Douglas Clarke, Divisional Director at BITanium; and Alexey Sidorov, Data Science Guru and Evangelist at Denodo; to discuss the role of data virtualization in enabling data governance, even in highly challenging environments.
You will learn:
- The relationship between metadata and data governance
- The role of data governance in enabling better security, trust, and consistency
- Why data virtualization supports data governance “out of the box”
- How data governance can – and should – be applied in hybrid environments
- How Nedbank leveraged data virtualization to govern a highly diverse infrastructure with greater ease and control