The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ), in addition to serving Australia and New Zealand, also serves customers across 30 other countries, and is one of the world’s 30 largest banks in terms of capitalization. Recently, ANZ moved to the cloud, but did not want to wait two years, during the migration, before beginning to implement cloud-based applications and services.
In this fireside chat, Daniel Hatfield, Regional Director of Sales at Denodo, sits down with Peter Reynolds, CIO, Corporate Services and Global Payments at ANZ, to discuss the role of the Denodo Platform in streamlining the modernization process.
You will learn:
- The history of ANZ’s data infrastructure modernization projects
- How the Denodo Platform, with its data virtualization capabilities, enabled ANZ to immediately begin building applications and services while the migration was in progress
- How ANZ took full advantage of the Denodo Platform’s data catalog, metadata management, and data-lineage-tracking capabilities
- The importance of data virtualization in handling sensitive data
- How ANZ sees the Denodo Platform as not only a transition strategy, but also as a long-term capability in terms of supporting new datacentric use cases