The Denodo Platform simplifies many data-centric tasks. Organizations do not have to rely on batch-oriented extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes to integrate data; they do not have to re-write, re-test, and re-deploy ETL scripts just to accommodate new data sources; and they do not have to devote countless resources and time just to determine the lineage of a given data set.
But when you take up the mantle of Denodo Platform operations, you will quickly learn that there is a right way to do things, a “less right” way to do things, and a wrong way to do things. For example, there is a “Denodo way” to configure views within the Denodo Platform, and there are a few more traditional ways that you might have picked up from other more traditional data management solutions. In the long run, traditional strategies will just not work as well as the Denodo ways, and you will be able to see the difference in both performance and ease-of-use.
In this deep, informative session, delivered with a dash of good humor, Denodo Solutions Consultant Keath Lewin covers 10 tips for getting the most out of the Denodo Platform.
In this session, you will learn:
- How best to work with the “citizen developers” within your organization
- The power of building modularly and working iteratively
- Why you should never be afraid of re-architecting
- That when it comes to the Denodo Platform, there is much more to life than developing base views
- The importance of not being Sauron, the evil lord from The Lord of the Rings